The purpose of the Mid-Atlantic Cold Case Homicide Investigators Association is:
- To establish an esprit d’corps among cold case homicide investigators within the Mid-Atlantic region as well as nationally.
- To provide a forum to discuss and exchange information related to:
- Homicide case management and operational strategy
- The latest advancements in forensic technology and laboratory sciences
- Improving training for police, investigators, prosecutors, laboratory personnel and any other person or organization who may assist in a cold case homicide investigation
- To conduct seminars, conferences and training opportunities related to all phases of a cold case homicide investigation.
- To open lines of inter-agency communication, as well as promote, encourage and foster the controlled exchange of need to know information between all agencies who may be involved in a multi-jurisdictional investigation.